Thursday, January 31, 2008

Got my FCC Amateur License today
I am now a certified FCC Amateur Technician. All you have to do is pay $14 and pass a multiple choice test. This is basically the license you need to be a Ham Radio operator, but I got it so that I could legally use those high powered 2.4 Ghz A/V transmitters that I plan to mount to my R/C monster truck! It's gonna be sweet!
My callsign is KI6NZP. Unfortunately, FCC regulations require me to send my callsign every 10 minutes and at the end of my transmission. Perhaps I can put my callsign on a sticker within the field of view of the camera that I'll use.
The certification came in both a large size (for you to frame) and a convienent wallet size version.