This is a recipe I'm still trying to perfect, but I'm tired of keeping this scrap piece of paper with my recipe on it.
This is going to be a half bread machine, half hand made baguette. I'm using a 1lb Zojiroshi bread maker that my wife likes because it doesn't take up much space however being only 1 lb this recipe may seem small for most people.
12.6 oz Bread Flour
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon yeast
1) Add the ingredients to your bread machine like you normally would and use the dough setting.
2) When done, divide the dough into thirds by weight.
3) Roll each third into a tight ball on a lightly floured surface.
4) Form the baguettes and place on a lightly floured baking sheet.
5) Cover and let rest for 60-90 minutes.
6) Heat oven to 500 degrees, with an empty sheet pan in the bottom rack.
7) Right before baking, make diagonal cuts in the dough for expansion and spritz all over with water.
8) Dump a half cup of water into the empty sheet pan to make steam and bake the baguettes for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees until the tops get golden brown.
9) Remove the empty sheet pan after they start turning brown.
10) Once tops start turning brown, move the baguettes from the baking sheet and place them upside down onto the oven rack so the sides can brown, about 5 mins.
11) Remove from oven and allow it to cool a few minutes before eating.