Saturday, September 05, 2015

BaconFest 2015 in San Jose

I love bacon, but I don't think I'll go to the BaconFest again. The food was overpriced, the quantities were too small, and the lines were way too long. There were very few creative uses of bacon available from the food truck vendors. Most offered your standard fair food truck foods with just the addition of some bacon on top. We picked up some bacon peanut brittle, a bacon bouquet (a few strips of bacon wrapped in paper), porky fries, Vietnamese bacon bah mi sandwich, and the stuff you see below. I would have tried some bacon icecream or bacon maple cupcakes, but the kids opted for fruit popsicles instead and I didn't want to wait in yet another long line.

They also showed some pro wrestling which I got some good photos of below.
California Roll with bacon on top

Takoyaki with bacon on top











No comments: